Friday, November 19, 2010

TOD # 5 Play while standing

Howdy folks-

So I was thinking today how important it is to play standing up.

Of course when you are playing around the house we all naturally want to sit down. I think mostly for comfort.

When I got back into the banjo after some time off I had a gig. All the time I put into it before the show was sitting down. When I got to the gig I realized we were all standing. It was a whole different world to me. It really felt uncomfortable and strange to me.

After the show I began my warm ups standing, walking around, jumping..everything!!

So try to fit some standing playing in during your play time and you will be far better and prepared  when it comes time to jam or gig.

Have a great weekend everyone!

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment